School and Academy Governors often balance a full time job or other commitments with the responsibilities that come with the role of a Governor. As a Governor you may be asked to sit on a panel and make decisions on a variety of HR issues such as discipline, capability, absence or redundancy. If you have not previously been involved with HR it can seem like a bit of a legal minefield.
This short course has been designed to help Governors understand their role, responsibilities and theprocess of chairing or participating in any type of HR hearing.
Who is it for?
School and Academy Governors.
What will the session cover?
- An understanding of the relevant processes, procedures and employment legislation
- The responsibilities of a Governor at a Hearing
- How to draw conclusions on the balance of probabilities
- How to communicate your findings to the employee
Benefits of attending—You will be able to:
- Confidently conduct or participate in a formal hearing whether it be disciplinary, redundancy, absence or grievance related etc.
- Understand the legalities around formal hearings and reduce the opportunity for valid challenge to your establishment
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and consistently
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.