Whenever you are faced with a breach of discipline or conduct, a grievance allegation or a claim of bullying or harassment it is vital that a full and impartial investigation is carried out before any action is taken against an employee. Often the person tasked with carrying out the investigation is unsure how best to proceed or what they need to do to ensure a fair process. This course will provide delegates with the skills and confidence needed to undertake a thorough and impartial investigation and prepare a report on their findings.
Who is it for?
Anyone who may be asked to act as an Investigating Official.
What will the session cover?
- The role of the Investigating Official and Human Resources
- Principles of natural justice
- How to plan, prepare for and conduct an investigation
- Questioning and listening skills
- How to deal with resistance or reluctance
- Preparing the investigative report
- The formal hearing—how to prepare, what to expect & how to present your findings
Benefits of attending—You will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of an Investigating Official
- Methodically plan and conduct investigations
- Ensure that a full, fair and impartial investigation is carried out
- Prepare a written report detailing your findings
- Improve the quality of investigations
- Reduce the risk of costly employment litigation.
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.