All employers have a legal responsibility under the Equalities Act 2010 to ensure that the workplace is a non-hostile inclusive environment for everyone. Any breach of these responsibilities can have serious consequences both on and for the employer as well as the individuals concerned.
This short course of around an hour has been designed to help delegates explore how their attitudes, beliefs and values can be perceived by others and to help them to understand the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Who is it for?
All employees in an organisation.
What will the session cover?
- The meaning of Equality & Diversity
- Protected characteristics under the Equalities Act 2010
- What the law says
- The different types of discrimination
- Who is liable for any discrimination or harassment
- The impact on individuals & organisations
- Key principles which should be adhered to
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Have confidence that your establishment is compliant with legislation and seen as a fair place to work
- Protect your organisation against a discrimination claim
- Reduce the risk of costly employment litigation.
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.