A first line management role can be a very different experience for employees who have never previously managed others, particularly if they are promoted from within the team they are to manage!
This course will provide first new line managers with some effective tips and techniques to make thetransition easier and which will help them to ensure they are getting the best from their team.
Who is it for?
Anyone moving into a first line management role or who may require a refresher of the basic management skills required.
What will the session cover?
- The Performance Management cycle and its importance
- How to ensure SMART objectives are set for employees
- Key questioning and listening skills
- How to communicate effectively as a manager
- The five a day Management fundamentals
- Conflict resolution and basic mediation skills
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Set effective and SMART objectives for employees
- Deal with areas of underperformance
- Choose the most effective communication style for the situation you are facing
- Dal with conflict and employee relations issues between staff
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.