Managers today tend to have much more responsibility for managing HR matters within their establishments. This course will provide delegates with an understanding of HR best practice, an overview of what the managers key HR responsibilities are likely to be and an update on employment law as it affects day to day employment matters.
Who is it for?
Anyone with responsibility for managing HR processes within their establishment.
What will the session cover?
- Your responsibilities when the employment relationship starts
- Pre-employment checks
- The different types of employment contract
- Making and withdrawing an offer of employment
- Your responsibilities during the employment relationship
- Dealing with time away from work including absence and parental leave
- Managing flexible working requests
- Managing staff performance
- Your responsibilities when the employment relationship ends
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Operate with increased confidence when managing “day to day” HR issues
- Gain an understanding of employment law and best practice
- Reduce the risk of successful employment litigation against your establishment
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.