Payroll can be a complex area and any errors can have a significant impact.
This course will provide managers with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage their payroll and respond effectively to staff pay-related queries.
Who is it for?
New managers or administrators who are responsible for payroll in their establishments or those who would like a skills refresher.
What will the session cover?
- An understanding of payroll terminology, statutory payments and deductions and how these are calculated
- An overview of family leave provisions and employee rights
- What tax codes mean
- An overview of National Insurance and contributions
- Understanding payslips
- About Real Time Information and pension entitlements
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Be confident in your record keeping
- Be able to accurately respond to payroll queries
- Liaise confidently with your payroll provider
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.