Managing employee relations is one of the most important aspects of a manager’s role. Dealing with grievances or allegations of bullying & harassment can be very difficult, time consuming and emotive for all those involved, including those responsible for looking into the allegations. If these issues are not resolved quickly they can swiftly escalate and positions become more entrenched making resolution difficult.
This course will give managers the skills and confidence to tackle such issues effectively.
Who is it for?
Anyone with responsibility for managing staff.
What will the session cover?
- The importance of managing employee relations
- How and when to utilise an informal and formal approach to resolving allegations
- How to deal with false, malicious, repeat or trivial allegations
- The differences between bullying and managing effectively
- How to deal with witnesses
- Mediation and conciliation skills
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Act with confidence when managing employee relations issues
- Understand the steps to be taken when dealing with allegations
- Understand your legal responsibilities
- Consider how best to move forward following an allegation
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.