- Do you know how to handle a request for Shared Parental Leave?
- What would you do if you had to undertake a redundancy exercise and one of the staff involved was on maternity leave?
- Are you confused about maternity pay and what would happen if some-one intended to return to work and then didn't?
If you are not confident that you know the answers to these and similar questions around all aspects of family leave including maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave then this workshop is for you.
Throughout the course of an interactive day our experienced HR Consultants will guide you through the different types of family leave, explain how to avoid issues arising and the provisions of the Burgundy and Green books using case studies.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is involved in managing any aspects of family leave in a school or Academy environment including Headteachers, School Business Managers and Administrators.
What will the session cover?
- The different types of family leave and the provisions of each
- Continuous service
- What actions to take before the family leave starts
- Contact during family leave
- Planning the return to work
- Dealing with performance & salary reviews
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.