All organisations have expectations around the level of conduct they expect from their employees and managers have a responsibility to deal with any breaches of conduct in a fair, consistent and timely manner. It is also important to ensure that if any disciplinary action is contemplated against an employee that a fair process, which is in line with the statutory ACAS code of practice is followed to protect the organisation from any litigation claims. Before any sanction can be imposed there must have been an investigation into the allegations, the employee must have been given the opportunity to respond, any sanction must be confirmed in writing and the employee given the opportunity to appeal the decision.
This course provides managers with the skills and knowledge they require to ensure that a fair process, which can stand up to scrutiny is always followed.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is responsible for managing conduct or misconduct in the establishment or who would like to increase their knowledge in this area.
What will the session cover?
- How to avoid misconduct issues arising as far as possible
- How to identify what are misconduct and gross misconduct issues
- When to consider dealing with issues informally and when to use a formal approach
- When and how to consider suspension
- The range of disciplinary sanctions
- How to deal with an appeal
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Act with confidence when dealing with any misconduct issues
- Understand the process which should be followed
- Deal with any conduct breaches in a fair and consistent manner
- Reduce the opportunity for valid challenge or employment litigation
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.