The Performance Management process should ensure that all employees are working towards the longer term goals and aims of your establishment. It is a key responsibility of managers and needs to be carried out consistently and on an on-going basis to ensure that the process is the same for all employees. Objectives need to be fair, reasonable and SMART; the process should ensure that all employees are treated consistently; supported in an appropriate manner and that reliable documentation is held which can be used to justify decisions if required.
This course will ensure delegates have the skills they need to be able to set SMART objectives, to conduct effective performance reviews and appraisals, challenge any areas of under performance and link pay rises to performance if appropriate.
Who is it for?
Anyone who has a responsibility for managing performance and conducting employee appraisals.
What will the session cover?
- An overview of the Performance Management process
- How to set SMART objectives
- How to conduct effective performance reviews
- The importance of providing timely feedback
- How to manage poor performance
- The managers role in helping staff to reach their full potential
- How to apply your pay policy
Benefits of attending - You will be able to:
- Be confident of your role and responsibilities in the process
- Take practical steps to challenge any under performance
- Reduce the likelihood of successful challenge
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.