Recruitment can be seen as a chore, it can be time-consuming and there is normally a time pressure to ensure that the replacement is recruited before their predecessor leaves. How do you ensure that you are recruiting the best person for the job whilst still making sure that you adhere to all your legal responsibilities? The consequences of recruiting the wrong person can be huge in terms of a financial, reputational or time spent.
This course complements Safer Recruitment training and helps you to consider your recruitment process from attraction through to appointment and induction to ensure that you recruit the best candidate for the role.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is involved in recruiting and selecting employees.
What will the session cover?
- Your legal responsibilities in terms of safeguarding, equality and the right to work in the UK
- How to follow the recruitment cycle from identifying a vacancy through to managing the probation period of the successful applicant
- How to draft an appropriate advert
- Effective interviewing hints and tips
- The importance of pre and post-employment checks
Benefits of attending—You will be able to:
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of the legal framework surrounding recruitment
- Improve the effectiveness of your recruitment process
- Avoid costly recruitment mistakes
- Reduce the opportunity for valid legal challenge
Please check our scheduled course dates here. If you can't find a suitable date or would like to find out about bespoke and in-house courses, please contact us by email at Training-Education@capita.co.uk or on 08712 307 899 to discuss your requirements.